The Magnet Therapy History Which Need Be Known
The word magnet comes from the ancient Greeks. Magnet therapy history
mention that it’s thought to derive from Magnes lithos, meaning “stone from Magnesia,” an area of Greece that was known for its volcanic rocks with magnetic attributes. The Greek philosopher Aristotle spoke about using magnets as a healing therapy.
The next promulgator of magnetic therapy for pain was Paracelsus, a physician and alchemist born in Switzerland in 1493. Magnet therapy history mentions that he was the first to put forward that illnesses were caused by external substances (the concept of disease), not imbalances in the body’s “humors” (the dominant theory at the time). He suggested using sulfur, mercury, and other substances to treat diseases. Paracelsus also thought that some diseases could be treated with very small doses of “similars,” substances that would cause like symptoms to the illness—this idea is the foundation of homeopathy.
Although ignorant of the Chinese idea of qi, Paracelsus had an analogous notion of a “life force” in nature and the human body, which he identified archaeus (meaning “ancient”). He treated illnesses by replenishing the archaeus with the energy found in certain herbs and foods. Paracelsus also advocated using magnets for health to energize and influence the body’s life force to start the healing process, treating everything from inflammation to diarrhea to epilepsy.
As Magnetic therapy history in 1600, William Gilbert, court physician to Elizabeth I of England, published the first scientific treatise on magnetism, De Magnete. This website summarized the current knowledge about magnetism, showing, for instance, that steel holds a magnetic charge better than iron and that there is a distinction between magnetism and electricity. Gilbert was the first to explain the earth as a huge magnet with magnetic poles close to the geographic north and south poles. He also confirmed that use of the lodestone could be “beneficial in many diseases of the human system.” (The term lodestone for magnetized stones is from the Middle Ages, when the lodestone—“guiding stone”—was used in compasses by sailors as a navigational tool.)